MOSES AND MORE TOUR
Tuesday, August 22-Wednesday, August 23, 2023
$545 Single / $485 Double / $465 Triple / $450 quad
50 seats available. Your payment secures your reservation. Deadline to reserve July 12, 2023.
• Roundtrip transportation by deluxe motorcoach
• Turkey Hill Ice Cream experience with bag lunch
• National Clock and Watch Museum visit
• Bird in Hand dinner theater “The Home Game”
• Overnight accommodations at the Heritage Hotel in Lancaster, Pa
• Full hot breakfast at the hotel
• Ticket to the Sight and Sound Theater performance of MOSES
• Bird in Hand Farmers Market stop
• And a very special midday meal in an Amish Home after the theater
• One breakfast, one lunch, two dinners
• Driver gratuity is NOT included–suggested $5 cash per day/per person
Payment is due in full at time of booking by July 12, 2023. Only 50 seats!
Checks are made payable to Passport to Pittsburgh and returned to Marge Telban or Kim Adley with your registration form.
DAY ONE–Tuesday, August 22
6:30 a.m.: Depart Bethel Square Apartments
7 a.m.: Depart Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 418 Maxwell Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15236. Rest stop enroute, optional breakfast on your own.
11:30 a.m.: Arrive at the Turkey Hill Experience where you will truly experience what it is like to be an ice cream maker for the day. This fun stop features interactive exhibits to learn about dairy culture with lots of free samples along the way . In the Ice Cream Lab, guest will create their very own ice cream flavor after a box lunch the Turkey Hill lunch room.
2 p.m.: Depart for the National Clock and Watch Museum which features the largest collection of timepieces in North America with more than 13,000 from around the world.
4 p.m.: Check into the Heritage Hotel. Enjoy the charm of this premier property located in the heart of Amish Country . You may even hear the clip clop of horses from you room.
4:45 p.m.: Be on the coach to depart for dinner.
5:15 p.m.: Enjoy a delicious “Dutch Comfort Food” smorgasbord dinner at the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn. There is something for everyone.
7 p.m.: After dinner, be treated to a special performance of “The Home Game” at the Bird-in-Hand Stage Theater. This musical story that features original songs and is the latest in a long line of wholesome Broadway caliber shows from Blue Gate Musicals. This show tells the unforgettable story of Levi Troyer his prodigal son story set against the backdrop of Amish farmland and America’s pastime.
9:30 p.m.: Return to the Heritage Hotel.
DAY TWO–Wednesday, August 23
8-9 a.m.: Chef-prepared hot breakfast at the hotel.
Please place your bags outside your door before leaving for breakfast to be loaded on the motorcoach at 9:15 a.m.
9:30 a.m.: Be on the coach to depart for Sight and Sound Theater.
11 a.m.: Enjoy your performance of “MOSES ! at the Sight and Sound Theater. From the banks of the Nile River to the depths of the Red Sea, MOSES is a spectacular entertainment experience! Set adrift as a baby, he is an unlikely hero — until God calls him to lead his people out of Egypt and into the Promised Land. Journey with MOSES as he ventures through the wilderness, encounters God at the burning bush and ascends to the top of Mount Sinai. Experience one of the Bible’s most epic stories as MOSES returns for one season only .
2 p.m.: Bird In Hand Farmers Market. Enjoy a stop at this wonderful family-owned-and-operated market featuring a wonderful variety of locally made products .
2:45 p.m.: Depart for the Lapp Family Farm for your midday meal in an Amish home at 5341 White Oak Road, Paradise, PA 17562.
3 p.m.: Lapp Family Farm. Enjoy the cooking and hospitality of Ruth Lapp , our Amish hostess who will serve all her homemade goodness of two meats, mashed potatoes, homemade noodles, salads and dessert family style. Your cash tips will be most welcome here. $5 suggested per person but optional.
4:30 p.m.: Depart Lapp Family Farm for Pittsburgh.
6 p.m.: Enjoy a rest stop and fast food dinner on your own.
9 p.m.: Return to Good Shepherd Lutheran Church.
Please remember to always carry a current photo ID with you at all times. Covid Restriction in place at the time of the trip will be observed. So bring a mask just in case. Please limit bags to one small suitcase and one small carry on for the bus. Questions: Kim Adley, Passport to Pittsburgh 412-298-0409.
Cancellation Policy and Important Information:
● Reservation forms and payment in full are due by July 12, 2023.
● There will be no refunds after July 12, but tours can be transferred to another guest or will be sold to those on the waitlist.
● Passport to Pittsburgh reserves the right to cancel this tour if minimum numbers (50) are not met.
● If parking overnight at the Church, please complete the parking form and return it with the reservation form.
● Completed reservations forms should accompany your payment. Checks are made to: Passport to Pittsburgh and can be mailed to: Kim Adley, 77 Springmeadow Court, Pittsburgh, Pa 15236.
WOW! What a great trip!